Averaging over 400 local events are held each year at golf clubs all over Australia, with winners progressing to Regional Finals held at some of Australia’s premier golf courses.
Each team at the Regional Final teams up with their home club’s PGA Professional with the winners progressing to the Scramble Championship Final in Late Nov / Early Dec 2022.
The Championship Final is the golfing experience of a lifetime, with four days of golf, social activities and the opportunity to mix with sponsors, celebrities and PGA Tour Professionals whilst competing for the title under full tournament conditions.
- Teams ambrose event played under the Scramble Elimination Style Format
- Teams of four (4) eligible amateurs
- All players must have a official Golf Australia Handicap
The number of local event participants registered determines the number of teams which qualify through to the Regional Final.
Below is the breakdown of this information:
- A minimum of 36 participants to send one team (Women’s Only Event)
- A minimum of 48 participants to send one team (Mixed Events)
- A minimum of 96 participants to send two teams (Women’s Only Event)
- A minimum of 108 participants to send two teams (Mixed Events)
- A minimum of 160 participants to send three teams
- A minimum of 212 participants to send four teams
A PGA Club Professional joins each qualifying team to form a five-person team that will compete at a leading course around Australia*
- The winning team from each Regional Final qualifies to attend the Championship Final
*Once a player has qualified for a Regional Final, he/she is no longer eligible to compete for prizes or regional qualification at another local event
The Championship Final offers Regional Final winning teams the chance of a lifetime. The four-day Championship Final experience includes return economy airfares, four nights’ accommodation, all-inclusive functions, Callaway and adidas merchandise and the chance to compete for the title across three rounds (plus a practice round) in tournament conditions.
The Championship Final is approved for payment of expenses Rule 4-2g/GA/5/
*It is every player’s responsibility to make themselves aware of all Terms of Competition for the Scramble. Note: Special rules apply for teams that have competed at previous Championship Final.